hey frnds,m back. its d last day of this month. i was wondering, how quickly, time passed by. but probably, because it passes away, we get to understand its worth. but i did not waste much of my time this month. the blog is an evidence, that i had spent most of my time, earnestly in studying about food and searching for recipes. and here i am with the last cookies recipe for this month.
butter(salted/unsalted)- 1/2 cup
oats- 1/2 cup
flour 3/4 cup
caster sugar 3/4 cup
baking soda 1/4tsp
raisins(chopped) 1/4 cup
cinnamon powder 1/2tsp
lime zest 1tsp
· preheat ur oven @ 180degree for 15mins.
· cut an alumium foil or baking sheet in the size of your baking dish. grease it well.
· mix flour,soda, cinnamon powder in a bowl. and keep aside.
· take another bowl. with a beater, mix butter and sugar, till they attain a creamy consistency. u can either use ur hand or an electronic beater.
· now add the flour mixture in this beaten creamy butter-sugar mixture.
· add the lime zest, oatmeal, chopped raisin,honey and mix well again. be very careful about folding in all this dry ingradients properly.
· now add the milk also. try anduse cold milk for better results. but at this stage, do not play with it much.
· allow it to set for some time. may be 10 min.
· now with the help of a spoon place the mixture in the greased baking dish. make a few holes with the help of fork on the surface.
· now place them in the pre-heated oven. and bake them for about 10-15mins, in 180degree centigrade.
well, as i always say, i made certain changes. i made the entire dough this time with my hand,. because the warmth of the hand helps to keep the butter liquid to some extyent. i had also added a bit more of milk, because i thought the mixture ws too dry. and then the if you want, after the mixture has set, with the help of a rolling pin, spread them. and cut it with your cookie cutter in desired shape. and remember to turn over the cookies once. intially when mine came out they were like very soft. but as you keep them aside for sometime, you notice that they have hardened. another problem was the honey. i somehow. dont like thje flavour of warm honey which was pretty much ther.. you get the taste of that honey also. if any of you have a problem with that, then you can decrease the quantity of honey in it. and i also added a pinch of salt, since i used an unsalted butter. but if you are using a salted one, no need of the salt then.
and lastly, this are for those friends of mine who are completly vegetarian. i was soo happy to treat those friends even with one of my cookies.
guys, make it... and plzzzzzzzzzzz let me know, how was it. hope u will customize it and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee!!!!!!!!!!
bye. wll b back soon.