i just luv cheesecakes. but of late have started feeling guilty about having them. but at the same time cant really get out of the habit of having them, the white dream like body always lures me, beckons me and all my resistance towards avoiding it breaks like a fragile boundary.
but at last i do not need to feel guilty. actually the thing is, since the cheesecakes turn out to be big in size so i eat more. now i have devised a way of making them small, and thus end up eating in small amount. yes folks, u guessed it right. m again back with my eternal love for cupcakes. there is something a stress-buster which i always feel while baking them. i know this is a repetition but thats the truth. the very needed relaxation after a hectic warm sunny day, is just about t 10 steps away from my room, in my kitchen.
i follow this blog called yumsilicious bakes, from where i got this recipe. so here goes the original recipe
42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos & dark fantasy, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
2 pounds [4 8oz blocks] cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup [240 g] sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line muffin pam with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Mix in vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition. Beat in sour cream and salt
- Stir in chopped cookies by hand, or they might break up too much.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.
put the cookies in a plastic bag, seal the mouth and then bash with your rolling pin . but not too much. we want them coarser & smaller chunks and not like some powdery mass for rolling things before frying. the chunks peep out from the sea of cheesey mixture and touch your tatse buds when you are deep in the cheesey body. this hide & seek, is the main character of this cupcake. i luved it. and even before i could distribute it amonf friends & family, i d always hungry soul had conumes all most half of these babies. size does matter, and becuse in this case the size is small so the guilt is also small. but as always, certain changes had to be made. i didnt have sour cream, so had added full fat cream. and i did not refrigerate.
try it people!!!!!!!!!!