Fuss Free Sphagetti

" Eat the sphagetti, to forget your regretti".

Pasta. Pasta. Pasta.
Pasta is a good long thing ( so you know only long things, Sphagetti & Tagiatelle wins more favour than the others).
Pasta makes me smile.
Pasta lifts up my spirits the moment they appear before me.!!
Not Pasta love, but this dish came into being because I love my Mom. Confused??
Well, mom told me to empty some fridge space, as I was supposedly encroaching onto hers, without realising my folly. So diligently, I embarked on a mission to fulfill the order issued by my beloved Mother. The canned tuna was lying around for a while. The black olives also needed some eating. Tomatoes were shopped in excess ( I pledge guilty for doing that all most always). Also the Pecorino was nearing its death, so fridge raid happened.

In the process, I meet this bowl-full of happiness, which mom too enjoyed, I guess!! And I have absolutely no doubt that you will enjoy it too. So here it is:

1. I am not going talk about how to boil your pasta in plenty of salted water till, al-dante. Myriads of chefs and cookery shows have already spoken about that. And if you haven't been a good audience or student then just follow packet instructions.

2. Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp herb garlic butter  + 1 tsp of regular olive oil. Add to the cold oil 3 cloves of fine chopped garlic, 1 shallot + 1 tsp chilli flakes. Let them warm up together.



3. In the mean time chop up 2 medium size plump tomatoes. I did not discard the seeds and skin. In case if you are not that pressed for time like me, then go ahead and blanch them for 5 mins max. Add them to the garlic in pan with a pinch of salt ( om says it helps to melt tomatoes faster) & cover and cook them for 3-4 mins on medium to low flame. Add in full sachet of sugar free, to balance out the tartness. In case you don't like sugar free, 1/2 tsp of sugar will do.



4. Once the tomatoes have disintegrated, add in half a bunch of spinach leaves to it and a good mix. The leaves will wilt in no time, and will give out a lot of water, do not be alarmed. Your pasta should be done by this time, so drain them and add the straight to the pan. Add in 1 heaped tablespoon of butter, I used herb garlic butter by Amul.


5. Increase the flame to medium- high. Add in couple of chopped olives ( i used black ones, because they were around) and a big handful of tuna flakes or chopping up the bigger chunks to small bite sized pieces.( i happily used canned chunks). Give all of it a good stir. Take it off the hob!!


6. Now that the dish has almost come together, finish it with grinding of fresh black pepper and shower with cheese. I used Pecorino. Give a final mix. Serve it warm and do not forget to click a picture!! Ladle it in a serving bowl of choice, top it with a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil, or you can give this stage a miss!!


7. Might I suggest a handful of fresh chopped parsley for some added delight. You will not see any in mine, because I didn't have any at home!!


This my friend can be your perfect meal, for lunch dinner or supper or with a small get together with friends. One can consider feeding it children as well, because of the addition of the spinach, which is supposedly very good for health.

NOTES:
-Feel free to adjust the amount of pepper and chilli flakes according to your liking, however I thin we do not want a strong interference of that macho black-pepper amidst this well rounded beautiful light flavours.
-Do not forget to wash your tuns chunks under running water. Flake them once you have washed them well.
-It is mandatory to wash those spinach leaves well, couple of times, before you add them to the pan. Discard the stem. You can also tear them into pieces depending on the size of your pan, making the easier to handle. In case you have some water spinach lying at home, that can happily replace the spinach.
- Feel free to regulate the quantity of butter, according to your choice.

For me, this is my perfect go to option for those hectic schedule days. I hope this one pot paste will feed you well through those late work from home shifts as well. Or this can happily be that hectic workday lunch at office. This recipe, I have a feeling is going to be with you for long, because we all are going busier by the hour, and good food is a necessity. Agree??

So in case you made some altercations to this one pot fuss free meal, do let me know. I would love to try more variations. With a promise to be back soonest, allow me to sign off for the day!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts