Double chocolate banana bread


Since I have a lot on my mind of-late, most of which remains unsaid, I thought I may be, could use this plattform to share some of it. Some of you must be reading this, are you?Let's take a little de-tour before we dive into the land of soul satisfying flavours.

And I hope this words from this non-philosopher might be of some help to you!!

Have you ever found yourself swimming in a sea of confusion just like me?  I know it for sure, the story of how to survive through all that darkness is going to be far more interesting than all the gibberish I type and send out in the public space, for you all to read. Want to hear mine? A much more condensed version would say: "I stopped waiting for validation of any sorts from any people around. The only person I owe any sort of justification to is myself. I took a much easier route to salvation. It is easier to guess food, but here is the truth: I started looking for all the answers, support within myself..... Bingo!! In no or very little time did I realise that I am the winner!! ". For all of you, who identifies with me, or this mindset filled with questions, here is a tip: No one is waiting to reward you, if you multi-task! Take a dig at one thing, at a time.

Realise, your mortal capabilities and let go of your imagination of the superhuman in you. Cry, if needed. Smile more, always. Let the positive vibe of nature seep into you. Repeat with me: I am always there for myself. And trust me, like me, you are bound to be the one to take that trophy back home. Give yourself a chance to dream. Your failures, are the hidden scars of a warrior: you owe them a lot. Comm'on, they taught you man. Trust me, you are successful than many more around you, if you have known failure like the back of your hand.

And once you allow your mind to be the light to your darkness, you will meet peace and that one person who will always provide you with the courage to fall, because their hands are strong enough to lift you up!!

 Live. Breathe. Smile. Dream.

Since these words might have filled up your mind to some extent, but not stomach, so it's time to get in some food. And not just any, we need some blissful indulgence to help you digest all that you just read. Let me help you find a flavour-full yumilicious way to the world of your deep thoughts. Here is the recipe for all of you to own up:


1. Grease and line your loaf tin with parchment paper. Keep it aside.( I greased it sing the wrapper of the butter. In fact I always do so!!)

2. Mash 2 over-ripe bananas with the back of a fork ( I used the ones that were at home, and mom had made up her mind to throw them the way to our dustbin. That's precisely the reason why this recipe came to life. Anyways!! You can also buy over ripe bananas from your fruit seller. Trust me, at a much much cheaper price). Do not make it into a puree please.


3.Preheat convection mode of your microwave or oven @ 180 C.

4. Sift together the dry ingrediants: 1+1/4th cup flour + 1/2 cup cocoa powder+  1 heaped tbsp instant coffee powder + 1/s tsp cinnamon powder +1 tsp baking soda + 1& 1/2 tsp baking powder + a pinch of salt. Add in 1/3 cup caster sugar  & 1/2 cup brown sugar and stir it well.

5. Melt about 125 gm unsalted butter in microwave and cool it for a while.

6. Add in 60 ml ( 4 tbsp) milk + 2 eggs + 1 cap full of vanilla extract to the cooled butter & whisk gentle-ly until well combined. Add in the mashed bananas & the dry ingrediant mix to the butter mix. Fold it gently with a spatulla. Please do not over mix.

7. Time to add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to your batter and fold that in as well. Gently, of course. Pour it into your ready mould and smoothen the surface. Top it with some more chocolate chips.


8. Bake for 45-50 mins or till the skewer comes out clean. Cool it for good 20 mins. De-mould. Slice and serve.

Yes, you must share slices of awesomeness with your loved ones for sure. But remember to save some slices for your midnight indulgence, or for late afternoon snack at work. Do not feel guilty about all the butter and sugar & flour: you can always avail the stairs and not the elevator. Healthy lifestyle never puts an end to indulgence of any sort. Just like the nature of my blog posts, do it once in a while. Lol!!!


NOTES:

1. I baked it at 175 C for 55 mins, thanks to my convection which doesn't like the 180 temp, probably.
2. I have never ever measured the quantity of choco chips that I put into any thing. That's because I am great believer of indulgences. Please feel free to follow my path or stick to the measurment mentioned.
3. As always, I prefer to keep all the ingrediants at room temperature.
4. If you are looking for something fancier, use white chocolate chips for the surface. I did dust  the loaf with some cinnamon icing sugar!!

And now my job is done. I will be waiting with bated breathe to hear from you. I am quite sure, you will love it!! I did not want to take away from the glory of this self-sufficient loaf, but you can of-course serve it with some ice-cream and sprinkle some toasted almond flakes on top. I would totally encourage you to go ahead and drizzle some chocolate sauce on top of it as well!!

Thank me later people.



Comments

  1. Well well you have quite an intro there my friend...as far as the recipe goes so much thanks to you for sharing this... definitely will try this at some point and hopefully it turns out the way you have expressed it in your blog mate...😀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts