Tea Kiss Cookies

How do you people begin your day?
Certainly with a cup of steaming hot green tea or black tea or  cardamon scented milk tea. The early morning companion of this desired liquid arrives on a saucer in different shapes, sizes and flavours. You guessed it right i am indeed talking about cookies.

It's interesting to note that I had started my delightful cooking journey with baking initilally and in the last few months, I have had brushed aside the love for it. I have not had a chance to play while dusting flour or creaming the butter and sugar. and like bollywood movies after every sad & brushed side incident, comes the new season with new memories. so I re-discovered my passion for baking.

This batch of tea leaf cookies are for my sister, who is currently away from home for pursuing her masters.
Trust me it's easy enough to be made right after office as well. even i made it that way!!!

INGREDIANTS:


  • 115 gm butter (unsalted/ salted), at room temp
  • 115 gm brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp tea leaves (i had used Darjeeling tea leaves)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 300 gms flour + extra for dusting
  • Caster sugar for sprinkling


METHOD:


  • Heat oven at 190 degree C.
  • Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until light & creamy.
  • Once done stir in the tea leaves. Mix well and pour n the beaten egg and give it a good mix.
  • Sieve your flower and keep aside.
  • Then fold in the flour in the wet mixture.
  • Once done, dust a surface with flour & roll out the dough. 
  • Cut it in desired shapes with a cookie cutter.
  • Grease your baking pan with butter and dust it with some flour as well. place the cookies in a row & sprinkle some sugar. Bake for 15 mins.


Well, while making this I had used caster sugar, since I didn't have a stock of brow sugar, but I feel using brown sugar will give it a better colour. Also my sincere appologies that i haven't been able to click pics of every stage like all other posts of mine.
Do bake them.
And enjoy the lingering taste of tea in your mouth after your first bite of the cookie. It can be a great gift for anyone.

Comments

Popular Posts