Spiced Egg & Toast


That breakfast ritual happens only on Sundays, when maa cooks luchi and chole or anda curry with the syrupy jalebis.



But this Sunday, I did the same ritual my way. Having the kitchen all to myself since folks were out on an invitation I decided to gorge on food that's yumm and doesn't need much effort. And armed with that thought and a bit o research I landed on this recipe.
Eggs are a perennial favourite of not only mine but I am sure of many. And for them & my spice loving friends this i promise is nothing less than a treat.
The ingrediants I promise are all found in our everyday kitchen.

Beat 3 medium or large size eggs and season them ( I didn't use free range by the way) and keep aside.
Slice I onion roughly (you can also choose spring onions, I had a normal white onion in my kitchen).
Finely chop 1 fat clove of garlic.
Chop 2 medium tomatoes or 6-7 cherry tomatoes, I used normal.
Chop a handful of coriander leaves with their stalks.
Heat butter and oil in a pan. ( I used herb garlic butter &olive oil)- 1tsp of each

Once it heats up add 2 chopped dry red chilles and fry along with the onion and garlic.

Once the room  fills up with the aroma of this trinity, pour in the chopped tomatoes and 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder. Fry til it blends. You might have to add a few spoonfull of water to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook all of it for a minute and scoop out and keep aside.

Next heat 1 tsp of olive oil in the same pan and scramble the eggs.


Once done add in the tomato mixture and the chopped coriander. Toss well and its ready to serve.
before entering the oven
once they crisped up


I used wholewheat bread foe the toast, you can pick any bread of your choice- 3pc
Cut them in triangles (just looks good on Instagram) or retain its normal shape.
Preheat the oven at 150 degree centigrade for 5 mins.
Next butter your breads. I used herb garlic butter on 3 and pesto on the remaining 3.
Place them on the bowl and scatter with sesame seeds. Bake them for 10-12 mins for that super crispy toast.
What else??!!!! Eat now before it turns cold.

Comments

Popular Posts