Keema BuTtEr Wr@ps

since i spend most of the time outside my home, doing freelancing, i need to carry my tiffin box. and i am one of those people, whozz not even ready to let go of one food moment, without it being delicious. and i don't mind taking that extra effort for making it. i don't mind a small dirty shanty, a not-so-clean loo........... but a bad food is  a big turn off for me!!!!!! Can't help...... that's how i am.

After hours of toiling and talking with the pattern master, karigars, at last when i open my box, what should entice me is a gud loooking, gud smelling food. and m possessive also!!!! i am not gonna allow anyone to come between me & my food (but i do share, trust me!!!!). this place where i have been going for the past few weeks is in Dumdum, and the unit is within a locality. As a result, u find urself amidst a see, when ur throat needs some fresh drinking water. The smeel of appetising fresh food being prepared at all nearby houses, fly to my nose smoothly, but stop there............ its only d aroma!!!!! and m sorry to say, tht doesnt feel anything other than my senses for a couple of mins. as a result, to give them competition and to make myself happy are these tiffin recipes.
only this much keema was left after filling my wraps!!!!!!oops!!!

This is a mince recipe, as the name suggests. and this normal mince recipe was turned into a wrap, so as to give it a twist (since i hate eating roti, ami puro bheto bangali). and also the addition of chopped onion adds to every food. try this out, and trust me, you will be basking in the glory of "butter".

INGREDIANTS:


  • 250gm chicken mince
  • 4-6 crushed black peppercons
  • 3 finely chopped green chillies
  • 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
  • 3 medium red onions, chopped
  • 2 tbsp cornflour, mixed with some water to paste
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 1 tbsp black pepper powder
  • salt+ sugar............ to taste


METHOD:


  • fry the chopped onions in butter till they turn reddish.
  • Marinate chicken keema with ginger-garlic paste,salt, sugar, black pepper powder and keep aside for some time.
  • heat butter and oil together in a pan. a
  • add the crushed peppercons & green chilli. as the chilli starts to splitter, add d keema. fry to a couple of mins over high flame.
  • add the fried onions & mix well. keep cooking over a low heat (if you want you can add some water, but i didn't, coz chicken takes less time to cook). adjust the seasoning.
  • Then add the cornflour paste & mix well once again. garnish with some freshly chopped coriander and keep aside.


WRAPS:


Well, considering the jobless me, i couldn't spend on ready made tortilla breads. Instead mom made me some chapatis of flour instead of atta. I would advice you to make the chapatis a bit thick, which my mom, even after proper instructions didn't.
spread a bit of mustard paste & mayonese on all the chapatis. Then place the cooked kheema, do be generous while placing them. Top it up with freshly chopped onions, chilli flakes & lime juice. Wrap it in aluminium foil and place inside your tiffin box. Done!

Now, a couple of things. First of all, please mince your meat properly, which the stupid butcher of my local market didn't.The recipe actually came out in this month's Sananda mag, and had used mutton keema. Since i had chicken mince at home, i was happy to use it, but after tasting, i was sure that mutton mince will match this entire thing the best. It's up to you. If you want you can add some luttuce, chopped coriander, green chillies inside the wrap also. But as I said, that i share my tiffin, so I didn't add green chilli. And since i like my foot to exude some heat, so i had added a small spoonful of red chiili as well as a bit of coriander powder while cooking.

I loveeeeeeeeeeeed it!!!!!! Ami sotti bolchi!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts