Eggless Double chocolate muffin

Hey peeps,

What if I tell you, That I am well aware of your weekend intention!! surprised? Don't be!! I know it for a fact that many of you haven't had the time to plan a weekend or in no mood to step out of the comfort of home. That's cool. Now. now...... now, allow e to do the needful, ad plan this weekend for you? If the planner happens to be a glutton like me, then rest assured, some mouth watering food is awaiting you and your family, right??

Now that winters have already started knocking at your door, the air has started smelling of freshly baked goodies, time to create yours as well. Why bother to buy, when its just a matter of few minutes to bake them at home. Remembering, the ever growing population of vegetarian clan around (#respectforall), I am going to share with you, an egg-less muffin recipe. Sounds good?? Lets get baking!!

1. Preheat the oven to 175 C. As always, we will be using the convection mode !!

2.. In  bowl measure out 1+1/2 cup Flour. Scoop out 2 table spoon of flour and replace that with 2 heaped tbsp of good quality cocoa powder. Add to it 1 tsp cinnamon powder + a generous pinch of salt, mix and keep aside.

3..  In a separate bowl, ( it's better to take a bigger bowl this time, since all the mixing can comfortable happen in this one) add the following ingredients: 5 tbsp yoghurt ( roughly 90 gm),+ 1/4th tsp (heaped) baking powder. Within a minute or two you will watch bubbles appear on the surface. Let this stand for 5 mins at the max, undisturbed.

4. Line the muffin mould with liners. And keep aside.

5. Now its time to add in about 6 tbsp of vegetable oil + 1 cap-full of orange essence. Give it all a good mix.

6. Now it's time to sieve in the dry mix into the wet mix. Try and do it in three batches, that's what I did. Time to add in some milk, about 8 tbsp and whisk to ensure a lump free batter.

7. Once done, time to add in a big handful of chopped cherries + about 45 gm of white chocolate chips. Fold it all in.

8. Scoop out the batter in the lined muffin mould and bake for 25 mins at 180 C. It is advisable to do the skewer taste, for being doubly sure.

9. Once out of the oven, allow them to rest in their cases for 10 mins at least, and then it's ready to be eating.

Kids enjoy such activities, trust me. Since there is no play of fire, you can always get rid of the anxiety part ( I guess I have started understanding what parents go through!), rather enjoy such moments, because they disappear very soon. Invite your friends over for not only juvenile, but some adult bonding time as well. Chocolates and friendships are two things, that can never go wrong.
Here's how I decorated my vanilla muffins with a a drizzle of chocolate sauce

However, there are few unfortunates who do not favour chocolate much. sigh! For them, here is the address of the treasure trove from I adopted this one, notoutofthebox ( click on this to reach the land of vanilla muffins).  The images uploaded are not only of the chocolate ones, but a combination of both flavors, was done intentionally. I feel all kinds of people make a gathering successful and my chocolate ones are an extension of Chandrima di's vanilla babies ( on a very racist context, vanilla suits her, I have 65% cocoa content. Do I need to explain??)

Also here are some thoughts on my muffin recipe:

1. I think the next time I bake these,instead of chocolate chips, I would rather go for broken chunks. That way I have  feeling they might look a bit more appealing to kids.

2. If your kids, isn't the kind to enjoy nuts, you can add them to this batter. Chop the into smaller pieces, so that you enjoy some in every morsel.

3. In case if you are not a big lover of cinnamon, use ground coffee powder. Accordingly you can experiment with the flavor of the essence as well, market is flooded with many!!

4. Apologies for no work in progress images. Hopefully the next time I will be able to click them.

5. For the vanilla cupcakes: I had copped out 1+ 1/2 tbsp of flour and replaced that with ginger powder. Consider this just a suggestion!!

In case you are baking them at home, do share those images with me even if you do not wish to share the final product with me. Lol!! I would love you to tag me on Instagram,with your images. Trust me, this time that you spend in the kitchen( hardly any toiling though) with your loved ones will occupy a place of prominence in your kid's memories for sure.

Well a mix of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes can be a lovely Christmas present for your near and dear ones as well!!

I will take your leave with a promise to be back soon, with some more baking recipes. Let's celebrate winter folks!!

Comments

Popular Posts