Creamy Maccheroni with Sausages

Hey,

Do you know of anyone who might say no to a plate-full of pasta? If you do, then erase them soonest, that's my advice to you all out there. I am not like the ruling govt, who pay no heed to the democracy of it's people, and totally agree that everyone is allowed their own choice. but her, it's a bowl of PASTA.........Thankfully such people do not exist in my life or in the friend-list of my virtual world. I can never claim to have been an Italian born in my past life (you need meet me to get the answer), but the desire to visit those beautiful lands and mingle with a generous dose of Italian testosterone is still a burning desire inside me.





But hello, before reaching any conclusion, the only way I make a trip to those lands with my eyes wide open, is by taking a quick trip to my kitchen and then rummaging through my messy larder, I take out all those which are of Italian origin (food I mean). The rest I am sure, you can imagine. And I go back to my room, content, with a platefull of mostly pasta in my hand!!!

If any of you have been following my instagram page then you must have seen a hell lot of lovely things that my friend had got for me from his maiden trip to the land of my dreams. I am posting an image below:

And it was time for me to use up the yellow and green Maccheroni babies!! Along with the Parmesan and a bit of the olive oil, that's left in the bottle!!

While I have always been a fan of longer things (rest your dirty mind, I meant Spaghetti, Taglliatelle,& Fettucini: the ones that I devour more), but this was a tad bit different, this was a gift, yaar!!! Never mind, I am sharing the recipe here you are of-course more than welcome to make changes to suit your needs. But the only condition being, that you do need to share with me the changes and their results, so that even i can devour some pleasure of them.

The ingrediants used in making it is simple:


1. Bring a large pot of water to boiling , adding salt only after it has reached it's boiling point!!! Add in 400 gm pasta (feel free to use Penne, if you have that on you) and cook till al-dante.

2.Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan (I had used regular olive oil), & saute 1tsp  red-chilli flakes and 2 tbsp slivered or chopped garlic. once aromatic add in 1 heaped tablespoon of fine chopped spring onion whites, and cook till translucent. Add in 5 chopped sausages and fry till they get a tad bit brown. This might take 4-5 mins.

3. Then add in, about 1 cup of chopped Bellpeppers and 1 cup of sliced mushroom & saute on high for few minutes. Then I added in a 2 capfulls of Feni (you can give this a miss, if you do not have feni, or may be substitute it with some vodka).



4. Then it's time to add in, 300 ml tomato puree + 2 tsp sugar and cook for till bubble starts to appear on the surface. Reduce the flame to medium and add in 200 ml cream and cook for a while on low flame. Add in the pasta and a bit of pasta water and stir till pasta is coated well with this creamy sauce.

5. Finish it with a final flourish of Parmesan cheese (it is advisable not to be a miser about that), and some freshly ground black pepper. One can throw in some fresh basil leaves as well, but I refrained, since I didn't have any!!!

6. Now its time to eat!!

And I served with some more Parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. The one that my friend had gifted me had more of fruity notes than pungency. My mom, also enjoyed her owl full of it.

I honestly feel, this can be your trump card in winning over all those unexpected untimely guests. Can be a great way to feed your friends, for weekday dinner parties at home. Just serve it with some grilled chicken (the recipe for one such chicken thingy is there in my blog). And topple can be of your choice.

May be someday I will talk about the dessert that can win over everyone as well. Minimum efforts and maximum flavours has to be your mantra.

Do let me know, if you get time to cook this simple pasta thingy!!!

Comments

Popular Posts