Ch0Colate Yoghurt cake

As i said that cooking has been my love, but guess my love for someone else have superceeded this time. Anyways i baked a cake after a long time, that also since my folks at office wanted me to. I am not a big fan of sweets, nor is my family. and also since i have atlast started shedding my extra kilos, so i have started looking into all that i eat now a days.
This came was baked a week ago, and since my camera is facing some probs, so couldn't click pictures also that well. Thanks to the blackberry camera that it is still working. But the pics are not that great. The best part about this cake is that it is damn easy, and the inclusion of yoghurt makes it different. yet it is very soft, gooey in the middle because of the chocolate ganache, and had grated chocolate bar on the top of this cake. I took this recipe from a book by Wendy Sweetser, and i must say she is easy to follow.
Here goes the recipe of this yummy cake.

INGREDIANTS:


  • 3 large eggs
  • 150ml sunflower oil
  • 150g natural yoghurt
  • 4 tbsp clear honey
  • 75g light muscavado sugar
  • 225g plain flour
  • 2tsp baking powder
  • 50g cocoa powder





METHOD:


  • Grease a square cake tin. and also dust with some flour to avoid sticking, and then tip of the excess.
  • Preheat oven to 170degree C.
  • In a bowl, beat the eggs, oil, yoghurt, honey & sugar until combined well.
  • Sieve the flour, cocoa & baking powder in a bowl and fold into the oil mixture.
  • Pour into the greased cake tin. And bake for 50 mins.
  • Cool in the tin for 10 mins and then take out and cool in the wire rack.
  • Spill the cake into half and then spread the ganache, and sandwich both parts of the cake together. If you want you can cover the sides also with the ganache.
  • Finish o the cake with chocolate shavings. And then cool and serve.


I had a small piece of the cake. And it was good. I wanted to send some of it for my dear love, but there was no way. Guess that would have added more sweetness to it. But u remember to add heaped quantity of sugar and honey, because while enjoying this, you need to forget your calories.

Comments

Popular Posts