Random Food stories- i

 Hello readers,


Thinking heard if the sabbatical has been called off?

Well, Well, there was no sabbatical at all. All that existed was a clouded mind, a sudden stop with a heavy jolt, a new city, bag full of stories of existence, a patriarchal & polarised society that flourishes in our capital city.

Its been a a year since I have been here, but never ever have I been able to call it home. Is it the lack of all things known: faces, touch, emotions, flavours: the list goes on!! but most of all what I have disliked majorly is the food of the city. The basics are weird, mundane and way different that what 35 moons of my life held in a city that respected & breathed life into concepts of co-existence and secularism. My kitchen foray isn't anything adventurous as it used to be, rather it has becoming a regular jaunt rustling up meals for survival. Thank god, that I never knew how to travel light. So the last 3 trips to the city has been busy, hectic, chaotic and full of food: food shopping and food eating. I now heart the meaning of those dialogues of my mother, who would often complain that she has got bored of eating her own cooking. I know it now, so well, coz I am living the same.

A plethora of thoughts, school of living souls, myriad voices yet I wish i could experience it from a  third perspective, while continuing to wake up every morning in my home. After all the gibberish of above, if you are wondering when is the time for the recipe story to unfold, hello, there is none! This is just a modest tryst with words for me to figure out, if words are still by my side, and why noy, time has woven its magic and transformed this garrulous being into something quiet, not befriending a a single soul here. How life changes!!


The  harsh climatic conditions were no balm for this pained soul, rather a rub of salt and chilli powder on my wound of separation: from people, faces, habits, romantic melancholy, comforting food & flavours. I am hugely thankful to the unknown hands that has shaped my destiny for endowing with that little power to rustle up my food, all most the same as how I have seen my mother or my grandmother or my aunt make it. Reference and multiple trips down memory lane has been the key. 




Since a lot many of you, haven't been following me on my Insta journey, so is oblivious to my regular meals, so here could eb a golden opportunity for you to dive into my hidden private world of meals consumed seating on the floor, seldom shared with a known soul. I am hoping through all these images, words both said and unsaid you would be re-live or shape up life, if like me, you are away from your roots, at present or in the past.



In case, you have no one to share those lovely anecdotes me, write here. me and my blogpost family are all ears!!

Smile, love, eat, cook & live.

And lets end this long letter of no literary or gastronomical importance with my heartfelt new year wish for all of you!!

Comments

Popular Posts