Sphagetti with sundried tomatoes, garlic and love

 

Pasta is a love word for my soul.

The presence of Spaghetti on the face of this earth proves the presence of determined and firm erection. Too adult a sentence for you? Skip that line and move on.

I am back after some time off with another easy breezy recipe that I am sure will fill up your soul with pleasure, of the unspoken kind, like it does to me. Happiness I have often felt is a bowl of ravishing Spaghetti consummated with the simplest of flavors at the gory-est of hour. Let me mention, as you see in the name, this pasta dish came to life only because I wanted to try out sundried tomatoes in my kitchen. A first for me.

Now before you head to the kitchen: Let me tell you about the ingredients that has been used. Sundried tomatoes preserved in oil- 2pc,  5 no. fat cloves of garlic, 2 dry red chilies, 150gm Spaghetti for sure, a small handful about 2tbsp chopped parsley, 1tbsp parmesan shavings. And not to miss the star: 65gm back bacon with the rind. Now time to soak in the music of the kitchen, shall we?

1. Heat water with generous spoonful of salt. Once it comes to a tumbling boil, slide in the Spaghetti. Cook them according to packet instructions.

2. Chop up the garlic as finely as possible. One can take the liberty to slice them into slivers as well. Parsley leaves & stem- snip it finely. Bacon to be snipped/ chopped in chunks. Snip the dry red chilies and the tomatoes as well.

3. Place a pan on the hob and pour in about 1tbsp of olive oil, regular please. To this cold oil, add in the chopped bacon, and allow them to embrace each other and warm up other. 

4. Once they sizzle, take out the crisped up bacon remove some of the fat from the fan and take it off the hob. To this add in the chopped up garlic and chilies. And them to make noises while their flavors amalgamate with the fat.

5. The pasta must be cooked by this time. Strain, reserving quite a bit of salty starchy pasta water.

6. Place the garlic pan on the hob and bung in the chopped rough skinned sundried tomatoes. Give them a few minutes on medium low. After 5mins mash them a tiny bit with the back of your wooden ladle.

7. Throw in the Spaghetti, sitting idle for this little while into the pan. Toss. Toss. Toss. That's the only way, trust me, for all these flavors to mingle with the strands. To facilitate the process add in about 1/4th cup of pasta water. Mix well.

8. Once the water is almost dried up and the pasta strands looks creamy, add back most of the fried bacon to the pasta, good grinding of black pepper ( I do not mean the paper cardboard type here at all ), reserving few to be sprinkled later along with the chopped herb. Toss. And we are done. 

9. Tumble out the pasta onto your serving bowl. Top in with the parmesan shavings, bacon crisp and 1tbsp of the oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes.

10. Just eat it . Do not speak, or look anywhere. Dive in. 

In case if you are rolling your eyes; for whatever reason, cook and eat first. I am well aware of the result: you will keep repeating it for sure. I keep all of these up my sleeve when I cook for myself. Bt yes, your bestie who soothes your soul also deserves a lions share of this.

I know what you must be thinking! Yes you can add in whatever leftovers you have in your fridge, but then that will lead to something else. 

I might be proud of you for your leftover management skills, not sure if I can bless you for the culinary ideas if this recipe gets blasphemed. But hey, there is no wrong in the world of gastronomy. If it males you happy. It is good.

No points to mention or remember. Pasta is ever forgiving, only till you do not overcook it. I am sure your conscience will prevent you from doing that. By the way, I generally lick my plate clean, not literally, but almost. This was surely no exception.

Stay safe. Eat well. 

Comments

Popular Posts