Mint & Chocolate chip cookies

I know, i know, it is almost like a criminal offence, not to visit my own blog for so many months, probably close to a year. But i promise to be a regular from now on. While my appetite for trying out dishes had also taken a backseat, but as luck ha it chalked out for me, i come back to my kitchen whenever i need solace from the events happening around me, whenever i need a break from the relationships one makes and takes care of!!

I have been craving for some nice cookies with oodles of chocolate chips. while i had made some during my trip in April end to Sikkim, but as fate would have it, i didn't document it.. at all!! I had also made some cupcakes which garnered quite much of appreciation from all my friends, and again i forgot to click pictures. But this time i didn't make that mistake. i have clicked nice images to share with you all.



The best thing about these cookies is the taste and fragrance of fresh mint which i have used. i had a bunch of this fresh mint leaves lying in my freezer for a while. so i thought of using them up. One can substitute it with basil as well, which i am sure will add a different flavour to it.

So here goes the recipe for all of you to try it at home!!!!



Ingredients
2
cups of all purpose flour (about 250gm)
1
teaspoon of baking powder
¾
teaspoon of baking soda
½
teaspoon of salt
125
grams of chocolate chunks (coarsely chop a chocolate bar)
cup of chopped fresh basil ( i have used two handffuls)
½
teaspoon of cinnamon powder
½
teaspoon of cardamom powder
   
a pinch of star anise powder
½
cup of sugar
½
cup of (packed) light brown sugar
½
cup of olive oil and additional 1 tablespoon
¼
cup of water and additional 1 tablespoon
salt
for sprinkling (coarse variety) (optional)
Preparation

  • 1. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon & cardamom powder. star anise powder, salt & the chocolate chips. Mix well and keep aside.
  • 2. Clean and chop the mint leaves and keep aside.
  • 3. In another bowl i had mixed the sugar (both the type) with water & olive oil for about two mins ( i used a hand beater). Be sure to get rid of all the lumps and make sure sugar is well dissolved. Brown sugar as it is takes longer time than caster sugar.
  • 4. Time to add the dry ingrediants into the wet. Mix well to avoid lumps, making sure that no flour is visisble in the mixture. Add in the chopped mint as well and give it a good mix.
  • 5. Cover the bowl with clean film and refrigerate overnight. I know that's the hardest part. As i have always said, patience has never been one of my virtues, so i refrigerated the dough for 2 hours for the first batch of cookie. Gluttony is surely one of my biggest sins!!)
  • 6. Roll out discs from the dough and place them keeping a distance of 1" in between them on a greased tray. Place them discs with the tray inside the freezer again for about 10 mins before placing them inside the oven.
  • 7. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius and bake them for 15-20 mins. (I baked the for 22 mins because I enjoy the crunch instead of the chewy texture).
  • 8. Cool them and serve hot with a piping hot cup of tea.

Notes: I didn't use because I didn't have it in my kitchen, but i think a bit of mint powder added to the dough will add a bit more depth of flavour of the mint.

Try it soon and do let me now what you feel about it.
Chow!!

Comments

Popular Posts