ITALIAN CHICKEN

I am always happy to Pari, my sweathert friend.  Orginating from Assam, she made a move to her own city few years back to start her own line of clothing, which is doing superb now. And I am happy for her.

This time when she told me about her Cal visit, I had started planning fr a lunch met up at my place, along with some more friends. Considering that my folks were out of town, allowed me to plan a different menu. And then came this simple, chicken dish.
The best part about this dish is the use of ingrediants I had in my freezer.
Divide 3 chicken into six pieces, by slicing them from the middle. This makes it thinner and easier to cook. I marinated them with some light soya sauce, honey, oregano, black pepper powder, salt &  some paprika. Keep them side for 10-15 mins.
Heat butter in a pan (I suggest the use of herb garlic amul butter) with some olive oil. Once it starts smoking, put in the breasts and cook for 5 mins each side till it browns a bit.
Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
Grease the baking dish. Place the chicken dish with some chopped parsley and hunks of herb garic butter and the hot oil from the pan. Bake it  in the preheated oven for 10-15 mins.
after they were browned in the pan
before putting them into the oven

What comes out of the oven is pieces of yumminess.
Next comes the unusal sauce with it. Chop a bunch and half of laal saag. Clean throughly to avoid any dirt particles clinging to the leaves.
Heat 2tbsp of olive oil in a pan and cook the laal saag till it wilts.

Add the seasoning according to your taste. Once it tarts to wilt add some coconut milk to it and cook for 10 mins till well cooked. Next blend it in the blender and its ready.


The juicy centre of the chicken breast with caramelised skin goes well with the taste of saag and coconut milk. Very unusal but very soothing.
And alao I am in love with this herb garlic butter. Its yumm!!!
Hope you all will try it soon. And I promise to be back soon.
Till then CHOW!!!

Comments

Popular Posts