Rawa Fried Fish

Not stepping into kitchen is becoming a bad habbit of mine, which needs to change soon.
But wait, I am sincerely trying to change...

Parent's went out of time for a week, and its natural to party with friends. But my idea os party is quite different. In place of music you will hear the sounds of chatterbox me and my friends. The most indispencible part of this get together is food along with company!!!! And here I am to provide that.

I had some basa fish fillets lying with me for sometime now. And considering its a month end, I decided to dive into the stored components of my freezer.
After combating a lot of inspirations and recipe reads I finally settled on a dish which is less hectic to make and surely is a conversation starter. Rawa fried fish.

I had a fish fillet lying with me, de-boned and de skinned. I got around 14 medium size steaks from them, which were good 3nough filling to feed the company. Marinate the fish fillets in the juice o half a lime and 1tsp of salt. Keep it aside for 10-15 mins. After that wash them under running water and now its time for marinade.
Mix 2tsp olive oil, 1.5tsp thyme, 2 tsp chilli flakes, 1tsp coriander powder, 1tsp paprika powder in a bowl and then marinate the fishes in it and keep aside for 15-20 mins. I fell in love with the beautiful red colour it got from the paprika.

Next spread the rava on a flat surface. I add some chilli flakes to it for that extra zing. Take the fish and coat it in the dry mixture and keep aside on a plate. Heat oil in your kadhai or wok, I have used vegetable oil. Deep fry all the coated fish cubes till they get a beautiful brown colour on the exterior and a softer inside.

Serve them with some onion rings and some sauce (I had used some leftover momo sauce). The rava gave the fish an amazingly crunchy outside, while the interior was soft and melt in your mouth.

Appologies for not being able to take photographs of the marinade and the other steps like my other posts. It was made fast, and trust me its because of the recipe, that it got faster.

Cook for frnds. And keep enjoying their company!!!

Comments

Popular Posts