SeekH kaBab MaSala

I was in Delhi last week , attending fashion week.
Owing to my last few visits to be a part of the past few seasons of fashion week, i have made some friends there as well, and one of them happens to be a Panju!! And as we all know, they are big hearted people with an enormous capacity to gulp in any amount of alcohol without getting tired or intoxicated and an appetite for good food. And they are people with such clean hearts, which comes across through their friendly behaviour, honesty & the way they love to feed people.
It was during on of those sessions last week, that he got me a good "kabab masala", from his friend's shop. Trust me, it was finger licking yumm, and i loved washing it down with hot chapati & whisky. It was flavourful, it was yumm!! And that's what gave me the idea of my Seekh Kabab Masala.


But what intrigued me was the fact that it wasn't a regular kabab which is often turned into a kitchen st various Punjabi dhabas. The circular disc i felt were of seekh kabab, the tender, cylindrical kabab has been brought down to this form. So i decided to try it my way.

I got some ready made Seekh kabab from Venky's, de-frosted them and got started with the recipe.


I fried the cylindrical babies in oil, till they got a beautiful brown colour on them. Take them out and place on paper towels to give the extra oil a miss.


Chop up the  cylinders into circular bite size pieces.

Chop one medium red onion, and 2-3 red  chillies finely. Add them to the hot oil, along with 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste and mix well, till the aroma fills the room. Add 4tbsp tomato puree to the onion and mix well. Cook on medium flame adding 2-3 tsp of red chilli paste, salt & sugar according to taste. Add 1 tsp of kasuri methi powder, 1tsp of coriander powder as well to it. Once it comes to boil, add in the circular pieces of the seekh kabab. cook for max 5 mins.

Finish with some biriyani masala and some freshly chopped coriander leaves.

It 's a good idea to add 1 tsp of fresh cream as well, but I gave it a miss, since i didn't have it.

I packet it for my lunch at office, and finished it with rotis. My colleagues liked it, and so did I.
Try it!! and make ur tummy happy!!!

Comments

Popular Posts